The work of the RAA Brandenburg commenced in 1992 within the scope of a pilot scheme of the Bund-Länder Commission for Education. In 1996 the RAA Brandenburg became registered as an independent association.
In the course of a structural reform in 2006 the board of trustees was renamed to
Democracy and Integration Brandenburg e.V.
It primarily works in two divisions:
- RAA Brandenburg
- demos – Brandenburg Institute for Community Consultation/Mobile Advisory Service
- (Brandenburgisches Institut für Gemeinwesenberatung/Mobile Beratung)
Democracy and Integration Brandenburg is a charitable, registered association whose members and managing board support the work of the professional and voluntary staff.
The managing board consists of:
- Friedrich Heilmann (chairman)
- Fritz Dorgerloh (vice-chairman)
- Mary Prinzler (treasurer)
- Ulrich Falkenhagen
- Gilberto Switala